Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wow, more like what we're doing maybe if I actually update

So my SIL is making me look bad by starting a blog Simply Minded Mama and actually posting to it daily. While here I am posting updates about what I eat and where I go on Facebook and not doing much else.

Well, today I entered a sewing stash game. I truly doubt I'll win anything but less fabric in my sewing room and hopefully some new clothes for Oliver, Small-Fry, and myself but I'm doing it.

I came to the realization last night that I have a problem- a fabric problem.

A really big, outta room, spent way too much, fabric problem. So now I need to do something about it.

I can say so far I have kept to my New Years Resolution of making some sort of garment every month. So far I've made:
A hoodie for Sitka
2 tank tops for myself
2 tanks for my mom
1 tank for Jen (I really like this pattern)
3 diaper covers
2 kids t-shirts for O
2 kids t-shirts for friends
1 woven tunic shirt for me
1 knit long tunic shirt for me
1 romper for Sebastian
1 green dress given to Jen
1 woven dress for me
3 woven spring tops
1 Schoolhouse Tunic top
1 sheer top with birds


And I'm sure I've forgotten some things. I should probably start tracking them better, maybe take pictures or something. (Seriously since I wrote that sentence I've gone and added the last 6 7 items!)

But not bad for the past nine months, especially considering June, July, and August saw very little sewing done due to my need to do nothing but lay down on the couch all the time.

So there is a small update on what's going on here.

Oh did I mention my handsome pants turned TWO last week. WOW where does the time go?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I have the SAME PROBLEM!!!!! And it's not like you can purge the fabric - it's FABRIC and you LOVE IT! I have at least 100+ projects hanging out in my closet waiting to be sewn. Can't wait to hear about/see what you create!!!!

    ReplyDelete