Wednesday, April 7, 2010

An Oasis in an Urban setting

At least that's my ultimate goal. We have this tiny side yard with a plot of dirt that has to legally be able to be used as a parking spot.

It's a bit beat up from the construction gang and general lack of care. I really want to get a vegetable garden planted this year, I have grand plans! But first I need to clean up my yard.



It's pretty bad.

But I got a ton done today! I filled up both my trash bin with left over construction detritus and my green bin with random, large, freaky weeds. Tomorrow is trash day so hopefully I can fill 'em up some more.



Some of the left over construction junk


The tiles are actually left over from our bathroom remodel years ago, but they were stored in the yard and the boxes they were in turned to mush around them


Now all I need to do is figure out a way to make brightly colored children's toys = oasis for me.

Just for good luck here's one of Oliver playing half in the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment