Thursday, February 4, 2010

A challenge

I know the New Year happened a little while ago and it's customary to make a resolution. I'm never good at resolutions. Last years to be less self-deprecating didn't go so well, 'cause well I'm a loser. (ha, ha, ha?)

So this year I'm going to challenge myself. My goal, to sew one piece of apparel every month.

12 new garments sewn by me, for the myriad of people in my life.

But wait, it's February how are you going to do this? I'm slightly cheating. I've already sewn a great little hoody for a friend of ours for his first birthday in January. I'm retroactively invoking it into this challenge.

I'm also doing this as part of a larger blogger challenge and I think it's totally attainable.

And so this isn't a text only post. Here's a photo of me in a dress I made in November. It's a Colette Pattern, Chantilly, in a gorgeous satin finish cotton from Sew LA .



Well I'm off to work on the challenge. I'm making Oliver a button down shirt for Valentine's Day. I'll post pics and a review of the pattern when it's done.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! This is so so cute! Love it! Hey, did you join our Flickr group yet? Just making sure! Be sure to add this photo to the group pool! http://www.flickr.com/groups/1352919@N23/

    ReplyDelete